Fall foliage in the Mooresville and Lake Norman area is beautiful, but the last thing you want to see is a pile of leaves overflowing the top of your clogged gutters. Cleaning your gutters can be a thankless, messy, unpleasant, and even dangerous task for homeowners.
We all know how important it is to keep your gutters clean, but all too often, taking the time to fix clogged gutters is not a priority. We get it! The last thing you want to do on a nice fall day is drag your ladder out of the shed and manually remove handfuls of buildup and debris from your gutters.
Gutters play a vital role in the overall health of your home because they provide an effective way to drain water. Problems caused by broken or clogged gutters may be expensive to fix, but thankfully they are also easy to prevent. Here are a few things every homeowner should know about the costly dangers of prolonged clogged gutters.
1. Mold- Some gutters lack proper ventilation, making it hard to stay dry between rainstorms and easy for mold to grow. If you are wondering how to remove mold from gutters the right way, there’s only one answer: call Baker SoftWash!
2. Siding Damage- Unsightly dark streaks on your siding are just one sign that dirty gutter water is overflowing and not draining properly. When water continues to spill over the side of the gutter, it can seep behind your siding and separate it from your home, creating significant water damage.
3. Roof Damage- Your siding isn’t the only thing at risk when it comes to clogged gutters! Improper drainage away from the home can cause leaks that get under the roof and put your ceilings and roof at risk! Warning: this type of water damage over time can become a costly repair.
4. Flooding- Pools of water cause damage to the foundation over time and also lead to basement flooding. If your basement walls have cracks, water from the overflow can potentially seep into the basement itself, causing flooding and water damage.
5. Landscape Erosion- You worked hard to create a beautiful outdoor space for your home! Don’t let it erode from overflowing water. Too much water can cause the grass near your home and all of your landscaping to erode.
The good news is all of these costly home repairs can be prevented with a visit from Baker SoftWash! We recommend that our customers follow a seasonal maintenance schedule, which keeps most gutters in peak condition. Don’t wait until there’s a problem with your gutters— give us a call today (980) 435-0489.